
These are not in consecutive order, but random spurts of Nauvoo, IL from Aug 5-8. Nick and I journeyed across half the US to visit the parents on a mission there. They are lovin life and seeing more general population than probably 5 of their lifetimes in Firth. They love the 'spirit of Nauvoo' and everything that goes with it. Here is a view of the beautiful temple from down below. and (below) mom and I love these hibiscas. who knows how to spell that?

And there was an adventure of riding the oxen team. I think I'm not allowed to get the word out of what 'really' happened. but you can ask me later.

Dad is a true blacksmith. ANDERSON BLACKSMITH here he is. like father like son. the finished product is a baby horseshoe. the process is man bonding. The capturer is yours truly. All the other elders are jealous of Dad's skills.


On Sunday we watched the Joseph Smith Restoration movie in the visitors center. But a couple evenings earlier we found the special arch where Joseph and Emma made out...

So whenever the band comes around and plays, Pa grabs any children he sees and starts to boogy with them. He's not sure it's in the rules but he hasn't gotten kicked out so far for dancin' out those kicks.

Ma gave the tour at the schoolhouse and we also played a version of madgab. I guess they taught phonetically. She is very knowledgeable.

Here's Dad giving the tour at the Browning shop. Who knew the gunman was a mormon? Dad does! Nick is quite into learned about the multiple bullet theory. (round?) So basically every site we went to the people would offer for the rents to give the tour to their "beautiful glorious children"

We are good at being the 'parents': filming and waving and seeing the children perform and do their best and singing, dancing, and acting...


My ma loves the band and so they love her. They pulled up and started blasting after our tour with the Community of Christ tour. I cried.

Oh wait. This should have been first. The very first morning: My ma's got out the planning and the calendars and the different sheets of paper for each day's activities. not a minute of down time. Unless it's planned of course. and Nick still chowing...

And also, I'm famous. We ran into Dean Hughes and wife who are there acting as public affairs with the City of Nauvoo and the church. (he is an author. Children of the Promise and such)

Here is about the only fam shot. In the home of Brigham Young. I feel like I could practically give the tours around Nauvoo now.
6 comments:
So fun! You and your brother look very similar (except you are WAY prettier - which is the way it should be, I suppose). Also, that white shirt is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Where did you get that?
Glad they are loving it there. That is really fun that you guys got to go visit.
Great pictures, now come on over and do my blog! I can never seem to catch up...........
funny to read the differences in explanations between yours and mom's blog. for some reason i don't think mom woulda mentioned making-out or getting his kicks out. i really do wish i could've gone.
I enjoyed the commentary too! and I'm jealous of the Dean Hughes mtg. You know I love those books :)
Laura, I loved reading about your trip to visit your Mom & Dad. I wish we could have made it to see them while they were there:) I'm glad you were able to go . Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment