Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of JULY!!!


I don't know about you, but we had quite the traditional festivities for the holiday weekend. Parade, bbq lunch, lounging around the afternoon, hanging out on the grass at Freemon Park awaiting the long anticipated Idaho Falls fireworks, and crashing the whole drive home. (I wasn't the driver) :) But these are just a few friends from the ward playing phase 10...
And Brian


And today, since we both had the day off, we decided to be adventurous and visit some local tourist attractions... er... some waterfalls. Cave Falls and Mesa Falls. we tried to find sheep falls also but there aren't as big of signs and we looked for a good while and finally gave up only to succeed with some different ones. They're cool. and big. and splashy. and I felt so outdoorsy and one with nature. (it doesn't take much for me) (next step is real camping)
And here is the rock Basalt. Not to be confused with the town Basalt. They're different.
I really do love water. In many forms. Love just watching it go by. And who doesn't love a lovely breeze as well?



This is the other looking down side of cave falls. There used to be a cave here. This is evidence of it 'caving' in. haha. but like in the past couple years or something. Scary. imagine if you were the one that was exploring the cave when it happened to cave...



9 comments:

Kallie said...

ahh yes, water -- someday i will have a trickling creek in my backyard.

Emily Haney said...

"We both had the day off..." That sure sounds official.

Adrienne said...

hey,you should have called us. We almost stopped at Mesa Falls today. We could have seen you there!!

Becca and Greg said...

yay for adventures! it always fun to get lost looking for something.
And I love your hair!

Camille said...

What the? Who is this Brian guy? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Terry said...

So fun to see YOUR blog. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work. Love ya.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elisa said...

um, all that chinese writing is freaking me out! Can you send me your email? That'd be lovely! I would write mine here, but like I said, that writing is weird, and I don't want someone to take mine, but I know adrie has my email because she just sent me some pics. It was so fun to see you, and sorry we kept you up so late. We didn't realize what time it was!