I did my very first triathlon at Rigby Lake on May 29, 2010. First and only? I don't know. But I do know I trained for it at least a good month and felt I was ready- but nothing prepared me for the bitter cold Idaho day that it was. My face pretty much captures the chill of the lake. The first step in and I knew I would not feel my feet the rest of the race. Which proved to be true. They said it was 58 degrees but I think more water added = colder temp. It was absolutely the coldest water my body has ever been in.
oh the relief of finally getting to get out of the water! swam 1/2 mile
They had wetsuit strippers up by the grass. Just lay on your back and they give you a good pull. It was so hard to get my shirt on! It took probably 2 whole minutes just to get it on. I could barely move! Kal and Brian were there cheering me on and couldn't hardly believe how slow I was moving. But I was lucky to be moving at all! haha. shoes were a challenge also.
The biking was definitely the easiest part. Actually quite fun. Biked 14.4 miles.
6 comments:
I am so proud of you! I have always wanted to do a triath;on. Maybe one day I still will. You inspired me. One day I WILL do a triathlon. Way to go, you look great!
nice pics...good work!! I don't want to do a triathlon but maybe I could sign up for wet suit stripper??
adrie... lol. who doesn't wanna be a wetsuit stripper???!!! and i was there ! but still wanted to tell you good job again. can i do the next one with you?
Well I know that even IF I was ever fit enough to do one of those, I can't swim so out of the question. You are officially my new hero. Anyone can do it when the weather is perfect but yuck! What kind of horrible May weather was that? I love the wet suit stripper comment. Congrats!
Yeah Laurie!!!!
Post a Comment