Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wrist

I had wrist surgery on Sept 2 because a doctor found a tear in my wrist cartilage in a mri I had taken in 2006. Oupatient wrist arthroscopy. Turns out, after they got in there, they discovered my cartilage was entirely healthy so there was nothing to repair. They did remove some excess scar tissue and synovial fluid so they hope that will fix the problem that has been pestering me for years. I hope so.. So this was like a half hour after I got home. I'm omiting the pic mom took of me bending over the bathroom counter half fainting holding a bowl wanting so badly to puke.

These are my favorite color roses that Nick and A gave me to stare at while lying in bed for 3 straight days. Also, Nick was very good to me and obeying my every whim... haha (also fat fingers)

This is after I got to remove the bandage 4 days later. looks quite deformed eh?

After I recovered enough to actually shower, I ran away to Utah so I could lay around with Kal instead of by myself. We went to dinner at the Brick Oven and we were all EXcited!


This is what it looks like right now!

5 comments:

Kallie said...

all that time with me and you never told me there was healthy cartilage! i guess you still were in the dark then. . .

Terry said...

You should have put in the puke picture, it was a classic!
So glad you are doing better......

Elisa said...

I am glad things went well. I hope all your pain goes away and doesn't come back anymore! Good think it's healthy looking though.

Camille said...

Yay for hopefully fixing your wrist problem!

More Bacon said...

Glad you're getting all healed up! Hope it helps!!