Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DISNEYLAND?!!!?


When I had my surgery, I had to take time off work to recover, so I thought what better way to recover then to go to the happiest place on earth? And since I have a friend who has invited me down for like a year now, I decided to take the opportunity to go and get in for free!! (cause he has a friend who works there) (as micky mouse himself! shh don't tell or you'll ruin the magic) So my friend Heather and I flew down, Joe (to the left) picked us up and drove us around and we stayed at his house. It was altogether the perfect trip.


Ka-chow! in memory of Caleb
I was going to buy this shirt... but uh, I don't have one. - a beast that is

on a ride
We sat and watched Mary Poppins and Bert while we ate corndogs and I loved Bert and Joe loved Mary. His expressions were so animated and I couldn't tear my eyes away
This isn't scandalous I promise. my foot just got a twitch at the end
This is in the haunted tower where the elevator drops and Joe said there was a girl behind this wall calling out. so we listened and heard. it's from a twilight zone or something of the sort.
Whenever I got a chance I would elevate the wrist... throbbing was not enough to tear me awayWe called this our engagement picture just cause we were being cheesy. and holding a cup. and it's the perfect place.
Towards the end of the day we loved the fireworks behind the castle. But my favorite part was the show called Fantasmic! Characters came to life in Mickey's imagination where good had to overcome evil. Pure magic and inspirational! Seriously, it was awesome


Our tired feet at the end of a 13 hour day at Disneyland!!!
The next day we magically got into an Angels/White Sox game. Also enjoyable

In the evening we went to the beach and loved it

And the Newport Temple. Oh we went here Sunday night cause what else do you do on Sunday?

A girl we were talking to was telling us all the things we should have done and where we should have eaten. Sprinkles was one of them. It's all the rage. All the celebrities are loving it and there's always a line... Anyways, not much of a line at 10:00 on a Monday morn. They were tasty. I do love a good cupcake.
And I love the ocean!!!
At the airport getting ready to come home. I love Heather. She is so fun and funny and yet chill and enjoyable. The perfect traveling companion!

6 comments:

Elisa said...

Looks like fun! What a great way to spend healing time!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I want to go back to Disneyland or World so bad! Fantasmic is the best show in the world. It is insane how they do that.

Kallie said...

Avery: (whinily) "I wanna go to disneyland and to the fairy castle and the beach and to all those fun places!"

Kallie said...

(and she was espcially jealous of Mary Poppins -- she's her FAV.)

SophistiKate said...

Everytime I look at your DISNEYLAND?!!? pictures I just get this itchin' desire to go! Someday (soon I hope) I'll finally get to scratch that itch and go! You wanna go again?? :) Ha ha! Funny Avery!

Camille said...

Fun! You DO love a good cupcake!